Step 2: Select a Probe (UTG C or UTG M) Help me choose
Measures the wall thickness of materials such as steel, plastic and more. Ideal for measuring the effects of corrosion or erosion
on tanks, pipes, or any structure where access is limited to one side
- 5 MHz dual element transducer with wear resistant PEEK probe tip
- Automatic V-Path compensation for thin materials
Features Thru‐Paint capability to quickly and accurately measure the metal thickness of a painted structure without having to
remove the coating. Also ideal for measuring on sandblasted materials
or other applications requiring a durable wear face.
- 5MHz contact probe with wear resistant Alumina probe tip
- Multiple Echo technique averages 3 or more echoes for accurate and reliable readings
- Most accurate method to measure wall thickness of a painted structure because it automatically disregards the coating, lowering inspection time and expense.
- Toggle easily between..
– Multiple Echo mode to eliminate coating thickness, and...
– Single Echo mode to detect pits and flaws, and to increase the measurement range
| Probe Details & Specifications
| Probe Type
||5 MHz Dual Element
||5 MHz Contact
| Thru-Paint Capability (Multiple Echo)
| Measurement Range* - Single Echo
||0.040" to 5.000"
1.00 to 125.00 mm
|0.100" to 5.000"
2.50 to 125.00 mm
| Measurement Range* - Multiple Echo
||0.100" to 2.500"
2.50 to 60.00 mm
|* Measurement range is for carbon steel and depends upon surface condition, temperature and material.